Monday, November 12, 2007

Nothing New; Just Missing You




On November 5th Chris left for a trip to Germany and Dubai. He will finally be home tomorrow afternoon around 4 or 5 o'clock. Everyday Bryant asks to see Daddy and most days wakes up from his nap saying,"Daddy where are you?" We do get to talk to him everyday and Bryant likes to tell him all about his day. It always seems to be tough on Bryant when Chris leaves, he gets a little, lets say, rowdy. He gets in trouble more than usually and gets more aggressive then normal. And all that rowdiness makes it hard on me. I never realized how hard it is to say "No, don't do that" about 100 times a day. I get aggravated, tired, sad, and down right mad at least 1 time a day when having to repeat the same quote so often. It would be so much easier to attach a tape player to his belt and have it say the same thing at least every 15 minutes. :)
Then there are the moments you wouldn't mind repeating. Like tonight, Bryant was watching TV while I was up in Lukas' room feeding him and putting him to bed. Bryant yells up stairs, "Hey Mommy, I wuv you ever, ever ok." For no reason he decided to tell me he loves me forever and ever. I teared up and said, "Mommy loves you too, baby!" Then he came to the bottom of the stairs and said, "Hey Mommy", I said, "What baby?"
Bryant said, "Just checkin on you."
I often call his name when I can't see him just to hear his voice and know that he is ok. He decided to do the same for me. What a sweet boy.
I wanted to thank Papa and Mimi Burns for taking us in for a few days while Chris was out of town. They are always so wonderful to us and I am so thankful to have the GREATEST IN LAWS in the world. In the picture above Bryant and Papa had been shrimping. Bryant loved it. Then he enjoyed the fruits of his labor and he and I ate all the shrimp.
For all of you who have asked about and prayed for my arthritis....Thanks! I am feeling really well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have two sweet little boys! Thanks for sharing them with us on the blog!