Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just Me and The Boys



Chris left this morning for a 5 day vacation in Mexico. Notice I said "Chris". Yes, I am here at home with the boys. Chris' sister is getting married this weekend in Cancun and of course I was invited, but felt uneasy about taking these two little ones. Call me crazy.....because I KNOW some of you are (Kathy J. Ha Ha!!!) I will admit I would love to have gone.....without the kids :).
But, I am still breastfeeding Lukas and I, frankly, was not ready to leave him. I'm a little attached to him right now. :)
I've been thinking lately of all the things that mothers do and how they do it. So, I have come up with my own list of 10 ways you "Know your a Crazy Mom" in true Jeff Foxworthy style.
YOU KNOW YOUR A CRAZY MOM IF:
1. you can drive a stick shift car, talk on the phone, and feed the baby strapped in the back seat a bottle all at one time.
2. you can hold your 1 month old, cook dinner, and talk on the phone at the same time.
3. your self description includes: taxi cab driver, administrative assistant, chef, nurse, story teller, and teacher.
4. (this one is for those of you who breastfed) even after your child is well into his toddler years, at the sound of a baby crying you swear that you feel your milk come in.
5. when you hear a child yell mom, even if its not yours you turn around.
6. (this one is for Angie) even if you swore you'd never be the "minivan mom", your starting to think it might be nice to have one. ( HA HA)
7. you wish your two year old had a volume button and a pause button.
8. you can't remember the last time you slept through the night.
9. your no longer appalled by talk about poo-poo and pee-pee, in fact it is a regular topic of conversation.
AND the last way you know your a crazy mom is:
10. you swear that you had a shower today, but can't remember for sure.
I could spend all day writing these silly things. I would love to hear from you if you have one I could add to my list.

No comments: