Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Nerves of Steal


The past two days have been really rough for me. ( I'll get into why in a minute). But yesterday I was cooking some pork chops on the grill and Bryant sang me a song for the first time. It brought me to tears.




"Amazing grace how sweet the sound

that saved a wretch like me.

I once was crying but now I'm found

Was blind but now I see"


Yea I know he changed the word lost to crying, but I couldn't believe my ears. I had the back door opened and he laid right in the door way on his side and sang it as I watched from behind. I tried really hard to not let him know I was listening afraid that he would stop. But I cried as he sang such sweet words. At night, without fail, Bryant wants two songs sang to him: Jesus loves me and Amazing Grace.....he says "sing amazing" and "sing Jesus". I have not heard him sing

Jesus loves me, but I can't wait to hear his rendition of how much Jesus loves him.









Ok, now on to the reason its been a hard week. Two weeks ago on Thursday I had to take Lukas to the Dr. and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection. Dr. Blake started him on Amoxicillin. On about day 7 of antibiotics Lukas began waking up at night screaming in pain. I tried Tylenol and Motrin thinking it my be his teeth, nither of which worked. After two nights of this I called the Dr. and he decided to call in a different (stronger) antibiotic. I was told that if he is not better in 24 to 48 hours to bring him in. After 48 hours and still no improvement I took him in to find that his little ears were still infected. (Poor baby) So on that day I spent 2 hours in the Dr.'s office with a sick 5 month old and a wiggley 2 year old. Talk about torture. I would rather spend 2 hours with a grizzly bear than at the Dr.'s office where I cringe everytime Bryant touches anything and parents allow their sick kids to come over to Lukas' carrier and peak in. I was ready to take a strong sedative by the time I left that place. Anyway, Lukas had to get a shot of antibiotics and a shot of steroids. Then to top it all off I had to go back the next day and do it again. Luckily I didn't have to go back today (Wednesday), but don't worry, as if I had not been to the Dr.'s office enough, I have to go back to on Thursday so that they can check him again.




I wish someone would write a book about developing "Nerves of Steal". Who needs "Buns of Steal"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
Nerves of steal? Not likely for mommy's - but come over and I will make some chocolate chip cookies for you! It brings a smile to children and moms alike after a bad day!!