Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lukas 6 months old






Lukas turned 6 months old on the 23rd and it seemed to sneak up on me. I had been telling everyone that at 6 months old I was going to be done breast feeding Lukas. Well it seems he caught wind of my evil plan and decided he was not going to take a bottle. So, for the foreseeable future I will continue to be a milk factory.

UP side: Breastfeeding is convenient and cheap

DOWN side: I really want my body back. If you count pregnancy my body has not been my own for 15 months. Wow I hate that I even counted.....I just got a little more depressed :)

Lukas is rolling all over the place and chewing on anything that comes within his reach. My favorite thing he does now is shake his head back and forth. (As if he is saying no, no, no). He giggles and smiles at everybody, but there is a catch: I have to be within eyesight. I am afraid he's a momma's boy. On the past 3 Sunday's that I have been to church he has only made it in the nursery about 20 minutes before I have been summoned for a screaming child. I also tried to take him to a Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) outing and he didn't do any better there.

So he won't take a bottle and he doesn't like me to leave his sight that equals .......little to no alone time for mommie. Oh well, guess this is what I get for saying that Lukas will be a momma's boy since Bryant is such a daddy's boy.

Bryant is doing really well at preschool. In fact he stood in the doorway on Monday and held Miss Angela's hand instead of coming to me. He was having too much fun dancing and sing "Romp Ump a Chomp". ( A song from Dorthy the Dinosaur on the Wiggles show). He is learning his manners really well. I love to hear him say "Tanks Mommie" for even the smallest of task ....like helping him put on his shoes. He is also pottie training which is such an adventure. In the last 4 days I have probably only had to change 1 poo poo diaper. He hasn't quite figured out how to decided when he needs to pee pee. But, I won't complain. I'd rather change one of his peepee diapers than a poo poo anyday. I am sure the pee pee thing will come and I've decided that I will not stress about it. He is doing fine figuring things out on his own.

No comments: